Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Zeilda and Ceara


Zeilda and Ceara
Originally uploaded by Brazil Bean Brewed.

This is our doctor, Zeilda Alves Bonfim. She is a great doctor and it has been fun as we have learned how to communicate with each other over my poor Portuguese. We have fun though and she makes us laugh. This was about three weeks after Ceara was born when I went for my check-up, Zeilda was excited to see her again, to see how much she has grown. One thing about our doctor is that she too has a faith in God which has bonded us even better then we could have ever hoped for as trying to have a baby in a foreign country with a foreign tongue has been tough. To imagine doing all that we have done without the help from God and working with a believer, it would have been insane. Many times we would go to the doctors and talk about how God is working in my body, in our lives, our churches and so on. It was such a blessing thinking back on it. Especially when it came time to have Ceara and we were having to look toward doing a cesarean. I really was not wanting one and was scared and not looking forward to the recovery and all that, Zeilda recognized the fear and desire not to have surgery so she decided that it was time to pray about the situation. She prayed over me and Ceara and asking God to let Ceara come naturally or to allow me to have peace over having a cesarean. She prayed for God to use her to be his instrument during the birth and for Travis that he could be a strength and encouragement to me. Even though we ended up having surgery to have Ceara, it was amazing that her prayer was enough to give me the peace I needed to say yes to the cesarean. Even the nurses who prepared me for surgery kept asking why I was so calm and not worried, all because our God knew what kind of doctor we would need to have our baby here in Brazil. Thank you Lord for working in our lives and our doctor's life that you were able to bring us together in a city of millions for Ceara to be born healthy. Thank you Zeilda for your patiences with my language and for being a great doctor!

No comments: