Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Auntie Mikaela Bonding


Auntie Mikaela Bonding
Originally uploaded by Brazil Bean Brewed.

Well, now that I am a little more in the swing of things since Ceara's birth, I figured that it was about time to update our blog. One of the benefits to having a baby is that there was some incentive to our families to come and visit us in Brazil. My sister, Mikaela and our friend Brian made the long trip from Victoria, British Columbia, Canada all the way here for the birth. Of course, they came before she was due just to make sure that they would make it. It was such a blessing to have them here, especially to have some family member here to celebrate Ceara's birth with us. I can't tell you how grateful I was to have Mikaela's help around the house after Ceara was born, especially since I had the cesarian. It was awesome to be able to hand off Ceara when she needed burping or a diaper changed or even to clean dishes or do laundry. We were able to show Mikaela and Brian around the city, although I am sure that at times they felt confined to the house as after Ceara was born, I was not able to make it out of the house much due to the surgery. We were in the end able to take them to the Pelourinho, to the malls, to the beach, a soccer game or two and even to the zoo, a bunch of firsts for little Ceara. I wish that I had been feeling more up to doing more things with them while they were here and to show them more things around the city, but the time that they were here will never be forgotten. Later when Ceara is older we can remind her of all the things that we did with her Aunt and how special it was to have family around during this time. Thanks for coming Mikaela and Brian. We miss you already!!!!

No comments: