Saturday, February 03, 2007

Gramma and Poppa Visit Jan 2007


Gramma and Poppa Visit Jan 2007 2
Originally uploaded by Brazil Bean Brewed.

Well, this past month we had the greatest time as my parents got to come down to visit us for almost three weeks. The picture here is of Ceara's Gramma and Poppa meeting her for the first time in person. It was such a sweet thing to watch as she accepted them right away, like she already knew who they were. It was fun as we waited in the airport for them to come out of the gate, each time a new person arrived, Ceara would get more excited and kick her legs and talk. It was like she knew we were waiting for some special people. It had almost been two years exactly since we had seen my parents so it was good to see them again. Thanks to a special family back in Victoria that gave them some of their air miles so that my parents could come visit. Thank you Smales! It was so much fun watching Ceara get to know her Grandparents. She loved them right away. It's always hard to know whether your child will be excited or scared to meet someone new, so it was great when Ceara knew right away they were family. It was also a bit of a shock to see my Mom after all this time as she has lost almost 100 pounds, she looked great. Having my parents was a blast, not only did they get a break from their work but they got to spend that time with us. Ceara loved having all their attention while they were here and I know that my parents loved giving it to her, especially my Mom who rarely put her down, haha. We took my parents to all the sites, well not all of them but most of them. They really enjoyed getting to know the city like we know it. We went to the lighthouse, the markets, the Pelourinho, and we even took a boat tour of two islands. They were able to spent three Sundays with us and got to meet all the people we are working with and even some of the people knew English. My Dad liked meeting Marcus who helped translate for him at one of the bible studies one night. The best thing though was letting Ceara and my parents bond only in the way only they can together. It was hard to have them leave and not be able to see Ceara again until November when we come on furlough but we know the time they had together will make November not seem so far away. The fun thing though about having my parents here is that they got to watch Ceara do some of her firsts, like rolling from her back to front and learning how to kiss. Those things, I think were most important for me, knowing that they were able to see Ceara growing up. And even though we are far away from each other, Ceara will have a special relationship with my parents always. So glad you two could come Gramma and Poppa, we had lots of fun and miss you already. We love you! Now we can't wait for the other Grandparents to come visit in April an May so they too can get to know our special little girl!

4 comments:

Pamela said...

Alicia, I am so glad that your parents were able to come and visit. It is wonderful that they were able to meet Ceara and also wonderful that they were able to see your world! I am so thankful that you were able to share such a wonderful time together. My adopted Brazilian brother came to Canada for the holidays and it was really neat to have my two worlds coming together a little bit. Having him here has reawakened my "Saudades" for Brazil. I keep the three of you in my daily prayers. May God continue to bless the people of Salvador through you.

beijos

Pamela said...

Alicia, I am so glad that your parents were able to come and visit. It is wonderful that they were able to meet Ceara and also wonderful that they were able to see your world! I am so thankful that you were able to share such a wonderful time together. My adopted Brazilian brother came to Canada for the holidays and it was really neat to have my two worlds coming together a little bit. Having him here has reawakened my "Saudades" for Brazil. I keep the three of you in my daily prayers. May God continue to bless the people of Salvador through you.

beijos

2-minute mark said...

hey guys. i just wanted to let you guys know that your daughter is beautiful.i havent seen you guys forever but miss you both. im still in brandon with my family kiara(3 yrs old), kori(6 months old), and my wife melissa. you guys sound like you are doing okay. just want you to know that many of us here in canada pray for you and think of you regularly. email me if you like (markr01@mts.net) anyone else who sees this can do so also. i am in the midst of setting up my own blog, but just got online so it is not done yet. for pictures of us go to www.flickr.com/photos/kiaraandkori talk to you soon. mark, melissa, kiara, and kori roberts

Smale Family said...

glad you had a good visit with your parents. Thanks for posting so many pics of their time there. It looks like a very interesting place to visit. They said they had a remarkable time and I am glad we could hel them out to get there to see you both and especially Ceara.